Monday, June 11, 2012

Back at it.

OK, all graduated, sewing room is finally set up, and I've already been in there stitching away!  It is wonderful to get back to the thing that keeps me sane.  I've been disappearing for days on end, coming out for only another glass of water or Diet Root Beer (my new obsession).

I'm also organising my patterns, and it is taking awhile.  I've already been through almost 200 small manila envelopes, and I'm probably only half done.  It's ok, though -- some people collect coins, others figurines, some fine china, and me, well, I collect patterns.  I love going through and seeing them all.  I have a dream of sewing through the lot of them, and either giving away what I make or selling each one on Etsy along with the pattern.  We'll see if that ever happens -- it would likely take me the rest of my life to do it!

I've finished a simple shirt, a very cute sundress I had in my "to do" pile (from about 4 years ago), and I've cut out a pair of shorts for Makaela.  I've hemmed a couple of skirts and currently I'm working on a Butterick pattern that Makaela was going to make . . .

How is it that I'm such an avid sewer and yet none of my girls have picked this up?  You'd think out of five, I'd at least have one.  I suppose it's easier these days when you can get Mama to do it.  And I'm glad to -- I do love to sew!

Here is a wonderful, basic tutorial I found some time ago.  I can't remember if I've posted it before.  Even if I have, it's still great information about the way a sewing machine works.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )