Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Butterick 6072

I am literally sewing through my stash of unfinished projects right now.  Last night I picked up something I'd cut out for Mia.  I'd originally done it in another fabric, but that just didn't work.  The previous fabric had been a rayon challis -- this fabric is a lightweight crepe du chine.  I didn't hold out much hope that it would fit or be wanted by any of the girls.  Mia had turned up her nose at the previous rayon version and said it didn't fit quite right.  Fail.

So I finished this one up regardless and brought it out to Makaela.  I couldn't believe it.  She loved it!  It looks great on her, too!  Pleasant surprises all around -- so here's the pattern and the finished dress on her.  Yet another reason to finish a project.


I actually made this pattern for myself to wear to a wedding in 1978.  
But I am quite certain I never looked this good in it -- 









1 comment:

  1. Wow -- that looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )