Saturday, September 19, 2009

And Also the Burda Autumn Review

Since I had a look at Vogue, I thought I'd probably better look at some other pattern designers' fall collections as well. What a nice surprise to see the new stuff at Burda! It's all very young, very fresh -- very refreshing for fall/winter.

Here are a few pieces that caught my eye:



This is Burda 7580, a little dress and jacket. If I had only seen the technical drawing:

I would have certainly passed it right by. It's shapeless! And yet the outfit on the model is so unbelieveably cute that I may have to go out and get a hip-slung belt and some boots and whip this thing right up. I LOVE this outfit. It looks comfy and classy at the same time.


Here's another fabulous outfit -- again, which I would have passed right by had I only seen the technical drawing --
.


First off -- I love grey and yellow, and that made this particular pattern pop and catch my eye, so kudos to the stylist. Secondly, while I am not a big fan of the actual shape of the jacket, it totally works here in this outfit. What's right about it: The grey top under the jacket is a darker shade than the skirt. That makes all the difference. The pattern is Burda 7585, and is only for the jacket:



The drawing makes me think "hospital scrubs." But that outfit above is far beyond this little kimono-styled jacket. I think it would also work in shades of blue with a longer skirt, or maybe a black cowl and slim pants. And if the cut of the jacket is a little too boxy (sorry, Designer who gave a nod to the 80's!) once you got it on and starting fitting, you could always give it a little shape down the sides by pulling it in a bit.


Now how cute is this outfit? Just your basic tunic -- Burda 7588 --


Can't get much more basic than this -- but how fabulous does it look with that wide belt over a little skirt and t-shirt? The top and the tights in the outfit match, and the belt is wide. An obi-style belt (maybe in leather or something like it?) that's tied in the front would look very cute with this also.


Lastly, I am in love with this little skirt, Burda 7610:




They've done it here in black, but you can still get the general shape of it.

I especially like how while the skirt is banded on the bottom, it doesn't loose the flare or pull in. I would probably lengthen it, but that's got more to do with my age than the style of the skirt. With a little t-shirt -- as they've shown here -- this is just fabulous.

I've read over and over again how much some of you love the Burda World of Fashion Magazine. I may just have to subscribe. What I see in their pattern collections isn't just a piece here or there, or a drawing. The way that they put together the outfit makes me think that I can use things I already have in my closet with these simple pieces to achieve the look.

Pretty genius, Burda. Also pretty genius that all of these patterns are very easy.

You can find all these patterns simply by clicking the photo, which will link you to their site, or simply go to Burda Fashion and have a look at everything. You'll be glad you did. There's lots more that I loved and didn't highlight here -- enjoy! I did!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )