Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Your Own Croquis

I know, I know, I already posted today and whined a lot.  But this is so cool!  I had to share it with you.

For some time I have been frustrated by the vast chasm that exists between what I see in my mind and what I see in real life -- as it applies to the clothing I make.  I think the problem is that I don't have an accurate picture of myself.

This is common to those of us who really like a particular style -- except it doesn't always flatter us.

The answer?  How about an outline of me, on which I can "try on" clothing before I make it?  Dressmakers often use a Croquis (pronouced croa-kee, it's french).  These are great for designers.

And here's a tutorial, using Gimp, which is free and very like Photoshop.  I'm going to try it when I get some time, when the school projects are finished and all the traveling is done.  If you give this a go, let me know how it turns out. 


Kinda looks like this -- only it's you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )