Thursday, March 29, 2012

HOLY. COW. Holycow! Holycowholycow!

HOLY COW.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

Today, my bedroom closet was such a mess that I could no longer deal with it.  I took it on.  I won.

I got a pretty hook thingy from Hobby Lobby on which to hang my nightgowns.  I wanted to hang it, so I headed out to the garage to find screws and anchors and a screwdriver, etc.

(remember, this is the garage that it is going to take me probably a year to get through)

I kept asking my father-in-law Ellis, who passed away in 2003, "Where did you put this stuff, Ellis?  Where would you have stashed screws and nails and small bits of hardware?"  I finally gave up when I couldn't find anything and knew our stuff like that is in storage in my parents' barn.

I went to put away the screwdriver, when a plastic bag sitting beside the furnace caught my eye.  Inside it looked something vaguely like fabric.

Turns out it WAS fabric.  Pink pincord.

And under the pincord, I found this, wrapped in tissue paper:
SEQUINED
CHANTILLY
LACE!

There was a small box under the bag, so I grabbed it and went back into the house.
And here's what I found:
Treasures!  Treasures!
Vintage Patterns
Vintage Notions
Ancient interfacing & tracing paper
Needle book and the cutest ruler
Look at the prices!
Anne Adams mail-order

Here are my favs:

Wow.  Sometimes God just surprises you with these little gifts.

By the way, did I mention my mother-in-law gave me this for Christmas?
Singer Featherweight

This sure does make having to move a little sweeter.  I guess God decided I needed a spoonful of sugar in my life.  I think I'll go lay down and die now.

I hope your day is as good as mine, wall hardware nonwithstanding!

xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, that was a nice surprise for you! I go ga ga over sewing stuff too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O Ohhh!!! Definitely this is a sign.......

    ReplyDelete

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )