Thursday, March 29, 2012

Glasses

As many of you probably know, I'm an Interior Design student at a community college, and I'll graduate in May with an AA.  I went back to school when my eldest daughters started college -- but in a field that many people go into later in life.  Especially women, when their kids are starting to leave.  That made it a lot easier for me, since I wasn't the old lady with all these young kids in the classes.

Anyway!  I'm always on the lookout for new, creative ideas both with sewing and with design.  I saw this on Pinterest, pinned from a blog called "Storage and Glee." 


 What a great idea, right?

I am a serious sucker for storage.  The Container Store is absolute heaven for me.  So when I see an idea like this, I immediately make a mental note.  Or I write it in my blog as my mental note clipboard is usually full. 

As it happens, I am living now in my mother-in-law's house.  She has moved to assisted living, where she has a wonderful little 2-bedroom apartment.  It is small, and she took most of her stuff -- well, most of her furniture.  I am slowly sifting through the rest of the house so I can move us in.  It's a s-l-o-w process.  Seriously.  Snail's pace.  Largely because I have all this school stuff to finish up for the semester.

In the course of cleaning out one of the closets, I found these. 


I immediately thought "recycle bin!"  My husband, who has been substitute teaching at the local vocational school, thought "horticulture department!" 

And then I saw that photo on Pinterest.  (which, by the way, you should follow in case you do not).

So I'm wondering if I could do something like that.  The question is, what would these former flower vases hold?

I'm also wondering if I should just do something like this:





I dunno.  Feel free to offer suggestions.  I'm gonna think on it while I go write proposals, read George Sands, and draw a floorplan for a hobby store.  I know, I know.  Y'all wish you were me.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )