Monday, February 14, 2011

Quality Time

I finally got some serious sewing time in this past weekend.  I finished up a t-shirt remake, copying a design out of Garnet Hill's catalog.  I revamped an old tank, copying a Marc Jacobs design.  I resized a couple of t-shirts, cut down a babydoll dress and make it a skirt (for my Babydoll), finished up a little fleece jacket, and whipped up a darling cardigan from fabric I almost gave away!

The camera isn't working, so I don't have photos at present.  But -- I should be able to get some photos done soon, so I'll post those as soon as I can.

I think the best thing that I did this weekend was work through my UFO pile.  We all have them -- piles of things we want to do, we have to do, we have no time to do.  Many times we try and fix things and end up in worse shape than before!  I had a couple of failures this weekend in that pile -- a denim shirt I tried to resize (didn't work), a couple of sweaters that didn't work resized, etc.  That's ok.  Too many of those can make you never want to set foot in your sewing room again.  But then there was the purse organizer I made for a friend that only took half an hour and turned out perfectly!  And all the compliments I got today on the cardigan -- easiest thing I think I've ever made.  I can't wait to show you.

Right now I have a very cute top cut out and partially assembled, sitting on my work table.  This was one that definitely needed every marking done.  The thing is just crazy!  It twists in the front, and it's one of those patterns that looks like "how in the world is this thing going to go together?"  Confusing, but I think it will be worth it.  I'm using knit I got for cheap, so it's sort of a muslin . . . sort of.  At least if it doesn't work or fit, I won't have done it in vain.  I hope it does, though.  It's really cute.

That's it for now!  I'm back to the books and endless design projects for school.  I hope I can get a few hours in tomorrow and finish up that top -- we'll see!

Here's what I did --


This was the easiest, fastest, best looking cardigan I've ever made.  Definitely worth a try!




Simple, quick, and SO cute!  It just slid together beautifully in some grey fleece.  Another winner!


xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your cardigan. I have that pattern. I hope to take the time to make one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )