Monday, July 12, 2010

Hobby Lobby Annual Haul

I just got back from vacation.  We always go to see family in Ohio and Indiana, and I always try and hit Hobby Lobby while I'm there. It just wouldn't be a vacation without that and a thrift store . . .

So here's what I got!


Love the black floral.  The owl print will probably be for my daughter Rose.



Closeup of the black floral.  It's really pretty -- 



And another closeup of the owls.  Very cute.




This is probably my favourite.  I love the grey with the turquoise.  This photo really doesn't do it justice.




The green and pink floral on the left is REALLY soft.  The others were on sale; the brown floral on the right is almost a twill weight.  It will make a nice jumper.




The blue is a close second for my favourite.  Although, I don't know, maybe it's my favourite.  Can I have two favourites?



The keys print was a novelty I got for Bug, who loves keys.  Not sure what I'll do with that yet.




A couple of t-shirt knits




This is one of those already-ruffled knits that's super easy to make into a little skirt.  I'll probably do that for JB.




What I got here was the gingham in the middle.  Interestingly, though, I realised that the black Chinese character print (that I've run out of) actually came from Hobby Lobby!  They had the two companion prints, but not this one.  So the gingham it was.  Anybody seen this print or know where I can get more?

This is the sundress I made for Bug that didn't fit.  I'll post photos when I get it done.




Interfacing and zips

And that was it for the haul.  

Today, I played mechanic to my two vintage machines.  The Singer, although it's been oiled and cleaned, will need a trip to the hospital.  I just can't get the bobbin shuttle to grab the needle thread.  I think the thing needs some surgery.

But the Pfaff just hums right along.  I oiled her up and set the tension.  I also played with the adjustable zig-zag.  And I remembered just how much I love this machine!  I previously had her in a carrying case.  So I switched out the Singer into the case and put the Pfaff into the cabinet.  I really need to paint that cabinet -- but for now, the Pfaff is all set up and will alleviate me having to change threads during projects.  






If you can ever get your hands on one of these, jump at it.  It will be worth it.

Tutorials in the works!

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )