Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just Checking In

I know, I know, it seems like I never post anymore!  If only I had time to sew and write in my blog!  I'm afraid this fall I have quite a bit more life than time.  I'm a full-time student, and thought this semester would be relatively easy.

NOT SO.

The drawing classes I thought would be fun?  Holy cow!  It's more brain work than math!  The geology that I thought would be fun?  What the heck are these rocks, anyway?  Somebody just TELL ME ALREADY!

And that computer 110 class I thought I could do in my sleep?  Well, I can -- except there's so daggone much of it to do!  Talk about busy work!

Fortunately, my American Writer's class is going well.  I have found that yes, I actually can WRITE in my sleep!  That is, when I do get to sleep!   

There are a couple more classes thrown in there, plus tutoring 3 students, plus running kids to tennis matches and community theater -- even just getting the laundry and grocery shopping done is a challenge. 

I think I need to take a nap just talking about it.

Amazingly, I am heading downstairs to the sewing room right now to make some purse organizers for a fund-raiser (Design Club at school).  Of course, daughter #3 has to have a Halloween costume altered --

In the meantime, here's a great video about aprons, one of my sewing loves:



Hopefully I'll be back with a tutorial soon on a quick Christmas gift for your college kid.

xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Jen!!! you are soooo busy, its a miracle that you can afford so many things at one time... I'm exited to read/listen your next tutorial. You've gave me several ideas to start with my sewing machine, just easy proyects that I hope I can show you soon, although my free time is very limited. I want to show you my first crochet carpet with "trapillo" (=strip fabric):
    http://www.hazlo-manualidades.com/blog/2010/10/25/alfombra-paso-a-paso/
    Have a nice week, Nikë

    ReplyDelete

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )