Monday, May 17, 2010

Almost There

Well, the sewing room has almost been reconstructed.

Things have been a bit hectic around here. I'm a full-time student, so there were finals. We were planning on putting our house on the market as of April 12 -- but by March 22 we had a signed contract! We didn't end up closing until May 8 -- but we moved the weekend of April 24.

Needless to say, it's been crazy.

But -- the sewing room being done was a gift from my girls for Mother's Day. It is fabulous! It's a lot bigger, a lot nicer, and I'll be able to both sew and do YouTube tutorials. I have a couple of ideas, so hopefully I'll be able to post those soon.

Although I'm unpacking (a HUGE process because we moved a 2500+ sq. ft. house full of 7 people's stuff!), I finally have time starting this week to really dig in. I'm looking forward to both the challenge and an actual family room that I can walk through without stepping over and around a myriad of things.

So I'll be checking in again very soon --

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new home going through. I understand how insane moving van be, I just helped my older sister move into her first house. It took 2 days to pack and a full day to load and unload the moving van. It was definitely a trial. I'll be looking forward to more great posts and pics from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, just found you via threadbanger - loved your capelet! Cheers, Suzy

    ReplyDelete

That'll be two cents for your opinion please. : )