I've made and almost finished -- done but for the hems -- three of the girls Easter dresses. I used McCalls 5618 for three, and am using Simplicity 2886 for the other two.
So I'm humming right along, thinking I would make the bodices of the Simplicity dresses (view C, with the spaghetti straps) seamless in the front, instead of doing a center front seam. Somehow a center front seam in a bodice just doesn't look right to me when it's a closed front. Putting the pattern piece on the fold makes more sense.
EXCEPT WITH THIS PARTICULAR PATTERN. It was a hassle getting the top band onto the bodice piece, and now it's laying funny. There's a curve to the top that makes it lay 3-dimensionally -- probably great for fit but it just isn't right! I'm going to have to redo both bodices.
Dang. I hate that.
So today I'm behind a bit, and have to get moving to get them done. Once again I don't get a dress -- which is typical, and certainly not unexpected.
Back to the drawing board. Literally.